IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS REGULATION ("THE SETTLEMENT") BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN " A WEDGE OF HAPPINESS " (THE "CONTEST") PRESENTED BY BEL CHEESE CANADA INC. (HEREUNDER THE "CONTEST ORGANIZERS"). BY ENTERING IN THIS CONTEST, THE PARTICIPANTS CONFIRM THAT THEY MEET ALL OF THE CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY SET FORTH BELOW AND THAT THEY AGREE TO RESPECT WITHOUT LIMITATIONS THE PRESENT RULES AND SUBMIT TO ALL DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST ORGANIZERS, WHICH ARE FINAL AND WITHOUT CALL FOR ALL IN THE MATTER OF THE CONTEST, SUBJECT TO ANY OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR IN THESE RULES.
1. The « A Wedge of Happiness » contest (the « Contest ») is held by Bel Cheese Canada Inc. (the “Contest Organizers”). It runs on the Internet from midnight (ET) May 28, 2018 to 23:59 pm (ET) July 22, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
2. The Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at moment of entry. Employees, representatives and mandataries of the Contest Organizers, of any company, corporation, trust, or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of materials, products and services related to this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse and any individual with whom such employees, representatives and mandataries are domiciled are not eligible. To enter this Contest, your Internet browser must be set to accept cookies.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
3. To enter, proceed as follows:
3.1 Visit the website www.edgeofhappiness.ca (the « Contest Website ») and click “Enter” on the Contest Website Homepage. then, to register :
3.1.1 Fill out with your name, last name, email address, telephone number including area code, province or territory of residence.
3.1.2 You will need to submit a picture with a short description of one of your family anecdotes that tells a story when a child has outperformed a parent (the “Publication”) (the “Entry Form”). (Note that the photo must show the child and parent affected by the story, but does not necessarily need to be directly related to the story.) The Publication must comply with the terms and conditions set out below.
3.1.3 You will need to confirm that you provide with the authorization as set out below in paragraph 3.2.7 in connection with the submitted Publication.
3.1.4 Optionally, you will be invited to register to the newsletter of The Laughing Cow sent by Bel Cheese Canada Inc.
3.1.5 Declare that you have read and agreed to the Contest Rules by checking the corresponding box.
3.1.6 Click on “Submit”. A page will then appear on the screen confirming that you have obtained one (1) entry in the draw portion of the Contest.
3.2 Terms and conditions applicable to the Publication. The below terms and conditions apply to the Publication:
3.2.1 It must be original and the participant must be the sole author or have obtained all the rights or all the authorizations necessary for its use in the context of this contest;
3.2.2 The format of the photo from the publication must be in JPG, PNG or GIF and must be of good quality;
3.2.3 The content of the Publication must be in French on the French version of the contest website or in English on its English version.
3.2.4 The Publication must not infringe the privacy of any person, including its name, image, resemblance, voice or reveal elements of his or her privacy, without having obtained the consent of that person, and in the case of a minor, the consent of a parent or legal guardian;
3.2.5 The Publication must not contain inappropriate content, including sexually explicit, offensive, harassing, discriminatory, defamatory, violent, malicious or hateful content, which may be offensive to public decency or denigration of the products or services of the contest organizers or their competitors, affiliated companies or a third party. It must also not contain images or suggestive language encouraging illegal activity and must not contain commercial content showing or promoting a product or service other than those of the contest organizers. Entrant shall ensure that it has obtained all required authorizations for any element of the Publication containing copyrighted material, other intellectual property rights or other rights of a third party;
3.2.6 The Publication must have been created specifically for this Contest and must not have already been published or submitted in the scope of another contest or promotion.
3.2.7 In order to be eligible for the contest and for the publication to be released, all entrants must provide the following authorization by clicking the box to this effect on the registration form:
Declaration of consent, authorization and exemption related to the Publication.
3.3 All Publications of the contest participants will be posted on the contest website. During the contest period, the public and contest participants will be able to vote for their favorite publication. Limit of one (1) vote per day per IP address. At the end of the contest, the three (3) participants whose publication has accumulated the most votes will be selected for a secondary prize, depending on whether their publication ranks first, second or third.
4. Limit. Limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Contest and limit of one (1) email address per person.
5. Grand prize. One (1) Grand Prize is offered consisting of a one-week family trip to Costa Rica (for two (2) adults and two (2) children under 12 years of age) which includes restrictively airline tickets, accommodations and family activities of your choice, which are awarded in the form of one (1) $10,000 travel gift certificate.
6. Secondary prizes. Three (3) secondary prizes are offered which consist of the following :
6.1 First place: One (1) drone with accessories (approximate retail value of $800);
6.2 Second place: One (1) Go Pro Hero 6 camera with accessories (approximate retail value of $600);
6.3 Third place: Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 camera with accessories (approximate retail value of $170).
7. Terms and conditions applicable to the grand prize. The below terms and conditions apply to the grand prize:
7.1 The travel gift certificate is issued by the travel agency designated by the Contest Organizers;
7.2 The travel gift certificate is valid for travel between November 2018 and May 2019, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day, Spring Break, Spring Break Easter period or any other date or period that may be communicated to the winner by the contest organizers, the agency designated by them or a prize supplier. If the family decides to leave on these special dates, and subject to availability, additional fees may apply, which will be the sole responsibility of the winner;
7.3 The gift certificate is valid for a trip for two (2) adults and two (2) children under 12 years of age. Upon approval and at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizers and / or their designated travel agency, the maximum age of children eligible to participate in the prize may be increased, at the request of the winner. Additional fees may apply, which will be the sole responsibility of the winner in the event these additional charges cause the value of the trip to exceed the value of the $10,000 gift certificate;
7.4 The winner agrees to send a family picture taken during the trip being the prize, during a chosen activity. The picture must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org within the time limit to be set by the Contest Organizers and will be used for advertising purposes in accordance with the authorization provided under paragraph 14 hereof;
7.5 The winner and his/her family must be available to travel together during the applicable period, otherwise they will no longer be eligible for the grand prize, and another eligible entrant may be selected, at the sole discretion of the Contest Organizers;
7.6 The winner and/or his/her family will be responsible for all costs other than those indicated as part of the grand prize, including but not limited to transportation to and from the nearest Canadian International Airport, all other land transportation in Costa Rica, meals, drinks, phone calls, hotel billing, hotel services, personal insurance, gratuities, taxes, incidentals, personal expenses and extra pocket money;
7.7 The persons accompanying the winner must meet the requirements of these Official Rules and must sign the declaration and release form (referred to in paragraph 10.3 hereof);
7.8 The logistical organization of the trip must be planned by the winner of the contest with the assistance of a representative of the agency designated by the Contest Organizers, within the deadline prescribed by the Contest Organizers. The trip must be booked by the winner by email or phone and valid ID (passport) for the winner and his/her guests will be required to proceed with the booking. No changes will be accepted once the logistics organization is complete, and if the winner and/or his/her family are not able to participate in the prize once the reservation has been made, no new bookings will be offered and the grand prize will be canceled. Winner and his family must comply with the terms and conditions of the prize suppliers (eg airline, hotel, etc.). Contest Organizers are not responsible for any trip or event that is canceled, delayed, suspended, or changed in date after the booking or ticketing, for any reason whatsoever;
7.9 The travel gift certificate is non-refundable and non-redeemable for their cash value;
7.10 The travel gift certificate be combined with another offer or promotion;
7.11 In case of loss, theft, mutilation, alteration or non-authorized use, the travel gift certificate will not be reimbursed or replaced;
7.12 The travel gift certificate is subject to all other applicable terms, conditions and restrictions set out on it or that may be communicated to the winner by the Contest Organizers.
8. Odds to win. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of winning a secondary prize depend on the number of entries in the contest, the moment when the entrant has entered the contest and how many votes were accumulated for the Publications.
9. On or about 11 :00 am ET, on July 27, 2018 at the offices of the Contest Organizers’ advertising agency in Montreal, one (1) entrant will be selected for the grand prize and three (3) entrants will be selected for the secondary prizes as follows :
9.1 Grand prize. A random draw will be made from all entries received to select a participant for the grand prize.
9.2 Secondary prizes. The participant whose publication has accumulated the most votes will be selected for the secondary prize associated with the first place; the participant whose publication comes in second place considering the number of cumulative votes will be selected for the secondary prize associated with the second place; the participant whose publication comes third in the number of cumulative votes will be selected for the secondary prize associated with third place.
10. To be declared a winner, any entrant selected for a prize must:
10.1 Be reached by telephone before August 10, 2018;
10.2 Have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question appearing on the Declaration and Release Form (the “Declaration Form”);
10.3 Fill out and sign the Declaration Form that the Contest Organizers will provide him/her by e-mail to the effect that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules, and return it to the Contest Organizers for them to receive it within ten (10) days of its receipt;
10.4 Upon request and in a timely manner, provide an identification card with photograph;
10.5 If a selected entrant: cannot be reached before August 10, 2018, does not meet all the terms and conditions set out in the contest rules, refuses the prize, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, or does not complete, sign, or does not return the declaration form in the manner or within the prescribed time, or if it is declared ineligible for the prize in any way whatsoever, then it will be disqualified and will no longer be entitled to the prize. In such event, the Contest Organizers may, in their sole discretion, cancel the prize or randomly select another eligible entrant from the remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Contest Rules. The provisions of the preceding article will then apply to the selected new entrant;
11. Within a maximum of thirty (30) days following receipt of the declaration form by the Contest Organizers, they will communicate with the winner to inform him of the terms and conditions of reservation and use of his prize.
12. Entrant Identification. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the Entry Form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
13. Minor guests. In the case of minor guests, the parent or legal guardian of the guest must sign the declaration form and accept the invitation on their behalf so that they can participate in the prize. In the event that the declaration form is signed by only one of the parents, the latter must also confirm having received the authorization of the other parent.
14. Authorization. By entering this contest, any entrant selected for a prize authorizes the contest organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his / her name, photograph, image, voice, residence, publication and / or statement of the prize. advertising purposes, without any form of remuneration. The grand prize winner also authorizes the contest organizers and their representatives to use for advertising purposes the photo of his/her family taken during the trip and sent to the contest organizers in accordance with these rules.
15. Personal information. The personal information collected on entrants in this Contest will only be used for the administration of this Contest, unless the entrant has otherwise consented. No communication or correspondence, commercial or otherwise, unrelated to this contest will be exchanged and/or sent to the entrant, other than in accordance with these rules, unless the participant has otherwise agreed.
16. Verification. All document allowing entry into the Contest and the Declaration Forms are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any document which is, as the case may be, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid email address or phone number, not bearing the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle to an entry, or a prize, as the case may be.
17. Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who enters or tries to enter this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Contest Website or sabotage the legitimate conduct of this Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Should such an attempt be made, the contest organizers reserve the right to reject the entry forms of the entrant and seek damages to the extent permitted by law.
18. Contest Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest in whole or in part, should human intervention or an event take place that could alter or affect the administration, security, impartiality or conduct of the Contest as provided in these Contest Rules, subject to approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux of Quebec, if required.
19. Termination of Participation in the Contest. In the event that the computer system cannot register all Contest entries during the Contest Period for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated in whole or in part before the closing date provided in these Contest Rules, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, proceed with the draw among the entries duly registered during the Contest Period or, as the case may be, up to the date of the event ending participation in the Contest to award the prizes not yet awarded.
20. Property. Declaration Forms are the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not be returned to the entrants.
21. Prize Limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
22. Acceptance of Prize. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and may not, in any case, be in whole or in part transferred to another person, replaced by another prize or exchanged for cash, except as provided in the portion below.
23. Substitution of Prize. In the event where it would be impossible, difficult and/or more costly for the Contest Organizers to award a prize (or a portion thereof) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or portion thereof) of the same kind and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of a prize (or portion thereof) as indicated in the Contest Rules.
24. Conduct of the Contest. The Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, representatives and mandataries (the “Released Parties”) disclaim all liability for any of the following that may limit or prevent any entrant’s participation in the Contest: malfunctioning of any computer component, software or communications line; loss or lack of a communications network; or any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network. The Released Parties also disclaim all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any web page or software or by the transmission of any information related to participation in the Contest.
25. Limitation of liability. By entering or trying to enter the Contest, any person releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers from and against any damage resulting from entering of trying to enter the Contest.
26. Use of the Prize. By entering the Contest, any entrant selected for a prize releases and holds harmless the Released Parties from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the prize.
27. Prize Warranty. Any entrant selected for a prize acknowledges that the only warranty applicable to any merchandise prize awarded in the Contest is the standard manufacturer warranty, if applicable.
28. Website. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest Website will be uninterrupted during the contest period, operational or error-free.
29. Contest Organizers’ Decision. Any decision by the Contest Organizers or their representatives regarding this Contest is final and without appeal, subject to a ruling by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux of Quebec (the “Régie”) on any issue under its jurisdiction.
30. Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organisation of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
31. Unenforceability. If a paragraph of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that portion shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected portions will be applied within the limits of the law.
32. Language. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, if a French version is available, the French version shall prevail.
33. Gender. The use of only the masculine gender in this document is intended to make the text lighter and indiscriminate.